Finnish Citizenship


My mother is married to a finnish . She is expecting to get her passport now soon. I would like to know if can i obtain finnish citizenship after her passport even tho i am an adult? Thank you


Last updated

On the website of the Finnish Immigration service there is information about the requirements for residence permits and citizenship in Finland. Information is available also in English:

Finnish Immigration Service


A Finnish citizen can apply for citizenship for a minor child in his/her care. A child is minor is he/she is under 18 years of age and unmarried. It is not allowed to apply for citizenship for a child who is already an adult. You can read about the criteria for obtaining citizenship on the following webpage:

Finnish citizenship/Finnish Immigration Service


You can find the requirements for residence permit on the following webpage:

Residence permit/Finnish Immigration Service

0 votes
Was this answer helpful?
Do you want to leave a new question? Post your question here.

Add new comment

Basic HTML without CKEditor

  • Allowed HTML tags: <i> <b> <s>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.