Hi, me and my daughter (6 years old) will be in Finland/Helsinki in August. Could you be so kind to provide me the below mentioned informations;
1. we would like to have a finish language buddy (a person who will be willing to teach/talk us in Finnish) in order to learn finish, do you provide such service on countesy basis?
2. any part time work opportunities?
Please note that I will study master degree for 2 years in Helsinki and I am a trademark&patent attorney in my home country.
(Please note that my school will be in Helsinki and my home will be in Suutarila)
Here are some ideas for learning Finnish in Helsinki:
- Language cafés and discussion groups in Helmet Libraries (Helsinki Metropolitan Area Librar-ies)
- List of the Helsinki City Libraries and the addresses you’ll find at the following site
- Conversation Exchange Helsinki https://www.conversationexchange.com/s_map/learn.php?language=Finnish
- Here are some other face-to-face language exchange sites
To get an idea of the job situation in Finland, you can also check the following sites: This is Finland / How about getting a job in Finland and Job hunting /How to find a job in Finland:
Also the Ministry of Employment and the Economy has a site for jobseekers: